Sunday, January 9, 2011

Perchance to Dream

Last night was strange.

It's rare that I remember my dreams at all, let alone two of them, and so vividly. I can really only remember pieces of the two dreams, but the first involved me being chased by a wasp and a yellow jacket around my childhood room. The strange thing about it is that the wasp actually landed on my head but didn't sting me, even though I was wildly swinging anything I could get my hands on to kill it. Maybe it did sting me, but since I've never been stung by any stinger-wielding insect, I didn't know how to react or how it felt.

The second dream was stranger. I was still in my house (but my sister's old room had turned into something I hadn't seen before.) It was Halloween, and I was attempting to go out to a party, but I wasn't sure where I was headed. There were already parties going on in my house (in each room, a different party,)  but I didn't want to go there. I remember being in the bathroom and there being blood coming out of me somewhere. Then I was trying out multiple toothbrushes to find out which one was mine (my parents hold on to old toothbrushes to use to clean the toilet and bathtub, and I know I used at least one of those.) Then my supervisor called and told the people in the bathroom party to tell me that I needed to come with her to her party at Wendy's (the restaurant) because I had a tab of a dollar that I needed to pay off.

Yeah.

Sleep has been extremely difficult for me lately. No matter how early I go to bed, how long I sleep, how many times I hit the snooze, I still wake up feeling exhausted. One day last week I slept for 8 hours and woke up the next morning feeling like I hadn't slept at all. It was a horrible feeling and it's extremely difficult to get through the day feeling like you haven't rested. I'm considering a trip to the doctor for blood work to see what might be causing this. And then there's always the fear of sleep apnea, from which my mother suffers. I know there have been times before (not recently) when I've woken up gasping for air because I suppose I had stopped breathing. It's not pleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment